Physical Therapy Specialists
Physical therapy helps you regain strength, flexibility and joint function. Our physical therapist works hand-in-hand with you to rehabilitate you from an injury, surgery or other ailment and ensures a customized treatment plan.
Physical Therapy Rehab and Postural re-education
Our Physical Therapy Specialty
- Rehab Exercise
- Injury Prevention
- Therapeutic Stretching
- Trigger Point Massage Therapy
Heat Therapy: Moist hot packs in layers of towels are applied on the treatment area. The benefits of heat include: relaxation of tight muscles and tissues, decreased pain, increased blood circulation to the affected area. Patients with chronic muscle strains, spasms, or arthritis often benefit from treatment with moist hot packs.
Cold Therapy: Coldgel packs are used to treat areas of pain and inflammation. The cold packs are wrapped in wet towels and applied directly to the treatment area of the patient’s body. Cold therapy decreases inflammation, pain, and swelling. Patients with acute injuries often benefit from cold therapy.
Massage: Therapeutic massage is used to loosen tight muscles, increase blood flow, break up painful scar tissue, release trigger points, and restore function to the intended area.
Exercise: We demonstrate and prescribe specific therapeutic exercises to support your ongoing treatment and recovery. Therapeutic exercises are often done in the office under our supervision. We may use therapeutic machines and equipment that provide whole body vibration and body weighting to speed up postural correction. The doctor will also give you an exercise plan to follow at home, a necessary part of your healing.
Joint Mobilizations: This technique is used to restore the natural movement of a joint. When a joint is not moving and functioning properly, inflammation and pain often ensure due to the impingement of other structures. Joint mobilizations increase range of motion of a joint and restore balance to the intended area.
We treat various orthopedic conditions such as:
- Shoulder dysfunction (including rotator cuff tears, impingements, tendonitis, and adhesive capsulitis)
- Knee conditions (including total knee replacements, sprains, chondropatellae malacia, and general knee pain)
- Ankle/foot conditions (including sprains, post fracture, plantar fasciitis)
- Hip conditions (including total hip replacements, muscular imbalances, and general hip pain)
- Spine (including herniated disks, scoliosis, post surgical cases, torticollis, sciatica, SI pain, neck & back pain)
- Balance and gait disturbances